Become A Network Partner with Cornerstone
The mission of Cornerstone is to "unite with others in Christian love to meet the needs of people." Our goal is to fulfill this mission by partnering and resourcing local Christian churches and other like-minded organizations so that God's mandate to care for the poor might be fulfilled.
Cornerstone Network Partners are churches and organizations that have signed a covenant with us pledging to serve the poor and needy in their area.
We believe partnering works best because...
- Few churches or organizations have the expertise or resources to adequately meet all the needs of the poor or to carry out their vision on their own.
- Partnerships help prevent the duplication of services while allowing churches and organizations to focus resources where they are most needed.
- Partnerships expand outreach efforts and increase volunteer opportunities.
- Partnerships expose church members and organizational staff to social issues and needs outside their usual context.
- Partnerships with established agencies such as Cornerstone help smooth the way for the startup of additional ministries and services that are needed in the community.
Our Network Partners can expect from us...
- Organizational integrity and accountability- demonstrated through a long-time membership with the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (EFCA);
- Professional staff and expertise to assist in assessing individual and community needs;
- Access to available resources and a "Partner Priority" in assisting those you refer;
- A wide range of volunteer training and service opportunities for your members;
- Quarterly reports indicating the amount and value of resources received from Cornerstone;
- Quarterly networking luncheons;
- Organizational training and technical assistance for leaders and start-up ministries;
- Community recognition as a "Network Partner" of Cornerstone.
What we expect of our Network Partners is to...
Serve the Poor
- Be a Network "Service Point" to the poor in your community.
- Welcome and show love and compassion to those who come to you for help.
- Attend Cornerstone trainings regarding effective ways of helping those in need.
- Designate a staff person or member as a Client Network Liaison.
- Identify mentors and form Support Teams for client follow-up and accountability.
- Invite those who are helped to become a part of yours or another church congregation.
- Designate a staff person or member as a Volunteer Network Liaison.
- Post individual and group volunteer opportunities at Cornerstone.
- Provide groups and individuals to minister and serve at Cornerstone.
- Attend volunteer and mentor trainings as required.
Give Financially (if possible)
Ways for churches and organizations to give financially include...
- Special projects and needs such as our annual Back-to-School event and our Thanksgiving and Christmas Adopt-a-child programs.
- By designating budgeted funds to Cornerstone for the general operations and successful implementation of all its programs and services.
- Collecting special offerings for Cornerstone.
- By participating in and/or sponsoring a team of golfers in Cornerstone's Annual Golf Tournament.
- For individual and congregational obedience to God and His commands to care for the poor.
- For more "harvesters" because "the fields are ripe for harvest" (Matthew 9:37-38).
- For wisdom and discernment of Cornerstone staff as they serve.
- For the poor in our area and that poverty would be alleviated.
What to do next…
- Contact us. Tell us about you and your church or organization. Jesse Vasquez is our Director of Network Development.
- Discuss the potential partnership with your leadership to see if a partnership commitment is right for you.
- Invite a Cornerstone representative to come share with your leadership.
- Sign and return the Memorandum of Understanding.